- Organises and provides leadership in exchanges between representatives of science, technology, policy, law and society. We base our leadership on a holistic approach to a free, secure and trustworthy society that respects the essential values which evolved during the Enlightenment period.
- Proposes principles, policy recommendations and activities at technical, legal, societal and market levels for the development of the digital society, whilst ensuring democracy, human rights and freedom – including privacy for its members – as well as transparency and accountability.
- Initiate and facilitate actions addressing the specific societal difficulties related to generational gaps in technical skills and knowledge.
Concrete activities include:
- Regular organisation of the Digital Enlightenment Forum (June 2012, Luxembourg; Sep 2013, Brussels)
- Publication of the DEF Yearbook (see here for 2012, 2013).
- Organisation of workshops, seminars, conference sessions, etc.
- Develop an inventory of publications and refeerence works.